Move Better to Feel Better.
Structural Balancing through Mindful Movement & Bodywork
When we work together, there are two goals:
1. Figure out and treat the Root of whatever is causing your current "issue."
Issue being anything from poor sleep to headaches, chronic back pain to plantar fasciitis, or sciatica to poor digestion, etc.
2. Treat the Branch aka the "issue" that brought you here.
Modalities include postural education, structural tissue manipulation and movement repatterining.
My background as a physiyoga therapist allows me:
<> A deep understanding of the 'why' of the body
<> To be highly versed in movement assessment which helps me assess and identify suboptimal and dysfunctional patterns
<> To have a strong sense of the musculoskeletal and physiological causes and implications for those suboptimal and dysfunctional movements that cause pain
<> To understand the mechanics of breath and the neurological considerations of re-training the musculoskeletal system
<>To know how the deep integration of fascia and other connective tissues within the nervous system impact the way we move
My rigorous academic study of the human body has led me to understand the body as an autobiography, unconsciously written in the present moment with past thoughts, emotions and movements that linger to distort the body and mind. I believe that with a nuanced understanding of how the body works, you can more consciously become the author of your body’s story with movement, bodywork and breath as the pencil AND eraser.
I understand that for movement of any kind to be functional, it must first be available and sometimes that requires manual manipulation of the tissues through hands on bodywork, sometimes through postural retraining and sometimes through movement. My desire is to facilitate the limitless transformation that mindful movement & bodywork can bring.
I am grateful for the guidance and wisdom from all my past teachers, but would especially like to thank Schuyler Grant for teaching me an advanced, creative sequencing that flows with the breath, challenges the body and stimulates the mind. Jason Brown of ASFYT for giving me a thorough understanding of the bones, muscles, connective tissues, common injuries and modifications for the yogic body. Zachary Dacuk for expanding my understanding of anatomy from a reductionist, individual muscle approach, to the complete myofascial system of conscious embodiment. Zach also taught me to recognize where the body deviates from neutral alignment with postural assessment and how to bring it back through movement. Diana Zotos and the teachers of Threes Physiyoga Method for sharing their knowledge of pathologies, assessments of imbalances/suboptimal patterns and a systematic approach to bring about less pain and more strength into the body through movement. Last, but not least, the many instructors at CenterPoint Massage & Shiatsu Therapy School & Clinic for providing me with in-depth knowledge surrounding the soft tissues of the body through Shiatsu, Swedish Massage and Therapeutic Bodywork including Trigger Point Therapy, Myofascial Release and Craniosacral.
My Studies....in Movement
- Physiyoga Global, Kula Yoga Project, NY, NY 2015
- Anandamama Pre and Post Natal Training, Istha Yoga, NY, NY 2015
- Anatomy Studies for Yoga Teachers, Zenyasa Yoga, NY, NY. 2014-15
- Conscious Embodiment & Anatomy, Kula Yoga Project, NY, NY. 2014- 2015
- Kula Advanced Sequencing, Kula Tribeca, Old Saybrooke, CT 2014
- Forrest Yoga Continuing Education, Simple Studios, NY, NY 2014
- Ayurveda and Yoga Healing, Laughing Lotus Yoga, NY, NY. 2013
- Sonic Yoga Teacher Training, Sonic Yoga, NY, NY. 2011
My Studies......in Bodywork
- East West Therapeutic Bodywork (AAS Degree), CenterPoint Massage & Shiatsu Therapy School & Clinic, Minneapolis, MN 2016-2018
- Kinesiology Taping in Movement, Vyne Education, Minneapolis, MN 2018
- Craniosacral Therapy, CenterPoint Massage & Shiatsu Therapy School & Clinic, Minneapolis, MN 2017
- Advanced Asian Bodywork Therapy, CenterPoint Massage & Shiatsu Therapy School & Clinic, Minneapolis, MN 2017
- Holistic Health Counselor (AADP Certified), Ayurvedas World, NY, NY. 2012